Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Loving the holiday season

Christmas is coming, and I know I will not be ready when it arrives. I never am. I started my shopping the first of January this year. And i had wonderful plans of doing a bit of shopping every month, and being done the first of November. Not a chance.

I have some shopping done though. I didnt realize I had so many to shop for, or create for. Still, I enjoy the Christmas season, and I look forward to it all year long.

I love the shopping, the smells, the sounds, the music (not the same as the sounds), the pretty wrapping paper, and the shiny brightly colored ribbons and bows. I love driving up on the mountain, to cut our tree, and invariably, every year, getting stuck in the snow. I love coming home when it is dark out, and seeing our yard, and porch, outlined in soft blue mini lights. I love getting boxes from family in the mail, full of colorful wrapped presents. It is not the amount that someone spends, its the thought. And the anticipation, of wanting to know what is in each and every package.

I do miss being able to spend the holiday with the rest of my family. Work sometimes makes it impossible to travel. I am anxiously waiting for the next time I will get to spend it at my Moms house, with my sister, and our families.... until then, I will dream about how much fun it will be!, And in the meantime, enjoy the season this year, to the fullest extent possible.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

3 o'clock in the frikken morning is when you wrote this?!?!?!! You were supposed to be in BED! Dreaming of CHIKKINS!! You better not sleep in or fall asleep while driving and wreck!